It's Open! Come In

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20

Have you ever knocked on someone’s door and they said to you, “it’s open! Come in”. Maybe you have said that to someone when they knocked on your door. The invitation to come in or welcoming someone with that invitation reveals the type of relationship with the person that is knocking. I would not say that to the UPS man nor would I say that to an uninvited guest.

Many opportunities will knock on our hearts door. Satan will also try to gain access to areas of our life. Just because there is a knock does not mean we should respond and invite. I am choosy with who comes into my house. I should also be choosy about what I let into my life. This does not mean I am judgmental. It only means that I am discerning and cautious.

When we answer Christ’s knock and invite Him in. We give Him access to every area or do we? Growing up, I spent a lot of time at my grandmother’s house. I was given complete liberty to walk into and play in any room of the house. I was never told, you cannot go in this or that part of the house. Yet, I am afraid, that we do put limits on where Christ can go in our “house”. Do you ever think or have the attitude that I will only give God this much of my life. I will not surrender this area of my heart. Do we open up the door when He knocks and invite Him in and then only allow Him limited access?

Do you fear what Christ will say to us if He opened up “that door” or “that closet”? Are you afraid that He will be disappointed or angry? Are you living in shame because there are secrets you keep hidden? Our relationship with Christ is never about what we can hide while He inspects. If we respond to Christ that way, we will have a superficial relationship with Him. He simply wants to be invited into our life to transform us. (Rom 12:1-2) Christ never shames us to get us to surrender. Christ loves us to transform us to a life of victory.

I want to encourage you to completely open your life to Christ. Allow Him access to every area. When you completely open up every area and invite Him into the messy parts; you will discover the security, comfort and unfailing love of your wonderful Savior. Trust Him to transform you. Trust that He will love you unconditionally.

Stay open to Him. When you hear Him knocking, don’t hang your head or get nervous of what he may discover when he comes in. Rest in knowing that He will restore you, strengthen you, and use you for His glory. Be open to the only relationship that can ultimately transform your life.

0 comments: