Come In and Join Me!

Revelation 3:20, Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

I love the promise given to us, "I will come in". Our Savior desires to have a relationship with me and you. He is waiting for the invitation. Have you ever invited someone into your home and after visiting with them, you felt relaxed. I have friends that are relaxing to me. When my husband and I lived in Pennsylvania and now in Georgia, I had then and am blessed to have now several dear friends, but there are a particular few when I spent time with them I always feel refreshed and relaxed. it could be a wonderful dinner, a lunch date so our children can all play together or a fabulous cup of coffee. Whatever the reason for the visit; I welcome time spent with these dear friends.

Jesus gives the same result of spending time with Him. He tells us in Matthew 11:28, Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. He knocks. We open. He comes in and begins to soothe and give rest to our soul.

Are you weary? Is the busy life that you live everyday exausting to your soul? Are you overwhelmed by all that God is doing in your life and you simply want to linger in His presence? Whatever your reason for answeriing His knock and inviting Him in; His purpose is to give you rest.

0 comments: