The Biggest Loser - The Moment of Truth

I mentioned in the last blog that The Last Chance Workout is brutal. Watching these men and women do “whatever it takes” to shed one more pounds is inspiring. I often think that at this point in the week it becomes mind over matter. They find the strength and motivation to push harder, do more and give it all they have. Why? Stepping on that scale will be the moment of truth. Whatever number of pounds they have lost or gained will tell everything.

Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness (Lam 3:22-23). Everyday is our last chance workout! Not because it could be our last day to live. We should approach everyday for what it really is. I have today to live for the Lord. I have today to grow in my faith. I have today to… For some, a new day still means facing the hurts and problems of yesterday. A new day does not mean the past problems fade. It does mean that I can choose to face each day knowing that whatever is lingering from yesterday or whatever today holds can be faced with hope because His mercies are new today.

This promise in Lamentations encourages me and motivates me. I can give 100% today. I do not have to let yesterday hold me back. I also cannot totally depend that what I accomplished or what occurred in the last 24 hours to carry me through or hold me back. I must live today for what it really is.

His strength is perfect 2 Corinthians 12:9 states that God’s strength is made perfect in our weakness. What is your weakness? I relate to the contestants that are living at the Biggest Loser Ranch. They are weak. We are all weak. So many times we try to strengthen ourselves our way and the only outcome is we burden ourselves with un-needed weight. Just as the Biggest Loser participants will only see results when they follow the diet of the trainers and the exercise regiments of those trainers will they see significant results. It is no different for our spiritual health. God has a specific strategy for spiritual health: His burden is light, we must connect to the True Vine, walk in the light, and then experience Phil 1:6, “being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ”.

Are you determined to do things your way and carry weights that burden you? Are you willing to follow the strategies for success laid out in God’s Word? Following His principles will mean you will have to lose to win.

0 comments: