Confront "The Compromise"

Psalm 119:3-8 (NLT)

They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
4 You have charged us
to keep your commandments carefully.
5 Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your decrees!
6 Then I will not be ashamed
when I compare my life with your commands.
7 As I learn your righteous regulations,
I will thank you by living as I should!
8 I will obey your decrees.
Please don’t give up on me!



If you and I chose to become a “Psalm 119 Wife” our life would be made of the following characteristics:

She will not compromise evil

She walks only in His paths

She lives a life of consistency

She walks in obedience

She is confident that He will complete what He began



That is challenging! When I read verse three, my eyes continued to be drawn to the word, “compromise”. Oh! How often am I tempted to compromise? Other words that mean the same as compromise are negotiate, concede, and give in. The opposite of compromise is, “confront”. Think for a moment what it would mean to our marriages if we chose to confront our wrong attitudes, our disrespect, our laziness, our selfishness, our conflicts and agree with God’s Word in those areas of our lives and take the steps to be set free. Yet, how often do we compromise and make excuses for why our husbands “deserve” our wrong attitude, the laziness, the disrespect and we talk ourselves into all the reasons why we should be selfish. After all, you and I cannot continue to be overlooked, un-appreciated, un-cared for, and ______________ (you fill in the blank). Our compromise with wrong attitudes and thoughts lead to a heart that becomes heavily entangled with confusion, selfishness, bitterness, resentment and anger.

Confronting” the compromise” begins and continues as the “Psalm 119 Wife” walks ONLY in God’s path. Being in God’s Word, knowing God’s Word and applying God’s Word confronts “the compromise”. This also gives direction and discernment. Having a relationship with Jesus Christ that is growing will lead to a life of consistency. When we become the steady, reliable, and constant wife; our husbands can rest knowing we are trustworthy. The wife that walks in obedience becomes extremely effective in her relationship with her husband and her children. Who knows how many generational strongholds can be broken because obedience is the action that is applied daily. It is only through obedience that we can be truly effective in our marriage and the lives of our children. If you and I choose disobedience we become efficient and nothing more. Understanding that the Lord will complete what He began in our lives brings peace that passes all understanding. Having that knowledge and filtering all of life’s happenings through the promise of Philippians 1:6 will give perspective during the easy times, the difficult times, the joys, the struggles, tragedy and heartache.

0 comments: